Friday 2 March 2012

CHAINING THE LADY

Avon paperback, third printing, 1978. Cover illustration by
Ron Walotsky.

"Ten centuries after the War of Energy, Melody of Mintaka - daughter of Flint the Caveman - assumes the forms of alien and animal, male and female, to bring victory to the people of Cluster against the Andromedan spacefleet. But first she must endure untold humiliation... 
THE MISTRESS OF SPACE IS ENSLAVED!"

Reverse of wraparound cover of the 1978 Avon paperback.

After yesterday's Larry Niven salvo, today I thought I'd make a start on all the Piers Anthony paperbacks I have lying about. This one is my favourite, and with the cover especially so. I don't usually make a habit of scanning both front and back of wraparound covers but I really love the artwork here, by Chesley Award nominee Ron Walotsky - unfortunately, the front was a victim of the phantom permanent-marker-scribbler, so now everyone can see I paid 70p for it.

No comments: